FmxAustralia.Com FreestyleMX Talk Places to ride... » Building my own MX-Track - Need help and your pics

Places to ride... Found somewhere cool to ride? Maybe you've got your own "compound" you want to brag about! Discuss places to ride in here..

Old 30th October 2010, 03:51 AM

Building my own MX-Track - Need help and your pics

Hey guys,

I want to start riding motoX and especially FMX.

Me and a friend of mine we have our own property which is big enough for a good track...It's completely flat land, so there aren't any natural jumps. But we have loads of dirt, it should be enough for now...But we don't have any knowledge about building tables, doubles etc...

Sooo if anyone here has an own backyard track or knows one, it would be great if you could post a few pics of it, so I can get some ideas.
I already looked around here for some pics and saved some of them, but more would be helpful...

If you got any additional advise it would be awesome, too

THX!
Old 30th October 2010, 02:50 PM

If you want to start riding fmx you should get some ramps, they cost a bit (maybe arounnd the $1500-2000 mark) or you could build your own there are ramp plans and designs online. If you've got the dirt you ccan build a good downramp, and of course you can hire a mini digger get some plans and stuff online and have fun with it. Where abouts is your property?
Posted via iPhone/iPad/Mobile/PDA
Old 30th October 2010, 05:15 PM
Regular

If you are just starting out with motorbikes, and (jumping), i would proably make a couple little table tops, and maybe a few doubles , depending on how much dirt you do have. And just word you way up from there, eg: bigger gaps, lips , and eventuly hitting ramps. What kind of bike do you have?
Old 30th October 2010, 08:28 PM

well we got 7 truck loads of dirt... should be enough for now ^^
but we could get more if we need it...
yeah I know I have to build a FMX ramp, but since I've never riden a dirtbike before, I should start with dirt jumps I think :P
I don't have a bike yet, but I could buy one anytime. I'm still thinking about it, because I still have some doubts... I mean, it's a loooot of work building a track, but would be necessary, because the next track is almost 2 hours away from my place...

I will take some pics of my property today and post them later. Maybe someone will have some good ideas.

Peace
Old 30th October 2010, 10:29 PM
Emperor

7 loads of dirt will make you a 40ft table top if ure lucky...

You'd be suprised how much dirt ure going to need to build a track...
Goodluck
Old 31st October 2010, 12:42 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden warner View Post
7 loads of dirt will make you a 40ft table top if ure lucky...

You'd be suprised how much dirt ure going to need to build a track...
Goodluck
Your not wrong there, haha. By the time you pack it all down and shaped it , all your dirt will be gone. If you are having doubts , maybe
wait a while longer to see if your still interested then, and than make ur mind up?
Old 31st October 2010, 01:43 AM
Regular

the best way to find a good track layout is once you have your bike just ride around the paddock and just see what feels right and mark it out thats probably the best way to make a track your going to be happy with basically just have some fast flowing sections and then some tight corners here and there but keep it interesting so u dont get bored because its not that easy to move a large amount of dirt
Old 31st October 2010, 02:08 AM

30 degree take off and 20 degree landing for doubles over about 30 ft. Smaller than that keep the same angle for both take off and landing.
Old 1st November 2010, 06:06 PM

I watched about ten loads of dirt go onto a downy from a mini tipper and that was after dirt was dug out of the ground and it was still half the size you would want a downramp dirt compacts alot also depends on what you have wether its a clay base or just fill.
Old 15th November 2010, 12:28 AM

take it slow learning to ride and jump because if you rush into things to quick you will never learn properly also if you wanna build a good track just keep that dirt rolling in you can never have to much dirt there lol

Tags
beginner , building